Detailed explanation of parameters of radar level meter selection instructions
Author: PhilemonTime: 2021-03-05
Radar level gauge is a very common level measurement tool. When selecting a model, we must know some common parameters.
1. The measurement range is a few meters, and what is the required blind zone. Obtain the high value of the actual material level from the technician, and then select the antenna size according to the actual material level parameters. Because the antenna size and type are different, the range width is also different. The antenna of the radar level gauge has three types: rod type, trumpet type, and parabolic type.
The first type has weak anti-interference ability and small range.
The second type of anti-interference ability is stronger than the first type. The larger the horn, the more concentrated the energy and the larger the range. It is more suitable for working in complex environments.
The third type of anti-interference ability is very good, the range is very large. Therefore, the radar level gauge suitable for production can be selected according to the specific parameters of the material level on site and the working environment.
2. Consider the measurement accuracy of the radar level gauge. The precision of ordinary radar level gauges is lower than that of precision radar level gauges. Whether to use ordinary or precision radar level gauges depends on the actual process requirements, otherwise unnecessary waste will be caused.
3. The type of medium being measured (liquid or solid, specific names such as: clean water, sewage, mud, gasoline, diesel, toluene, sulfur dioxide, ore, coal, cement, soybeans, wheat, corn, flour, etc.). If it is liquid: whether there is steam, mist, foam, waves, stirring, floating objects on the liquid surface; if it is solid: whether there is dust, whether the medium is granular or powder.
4. The medium's low/high temperature, low/high pressure.
5. The corrosiveness of the medium, if it is placed in a tank, you need to know the material of the tank and whether there is an anticorrosive lining.
6. Whether it needs anti-corrosion and explosion-proof, whether it should be separated or integrated.
7. Working environment: open pool, pool with cover, horizontal tank, vertical tank, spherical tank, whether the tank is under atmospheric pressure, etc.
8. Working power supply: is it DC 24VDC or AC 220VAC.
9. Output signal: 4-20mA current, or 485 communication output, relay output is required.
10. The dielectric constant and conductivity of the medium. According to the measured dielectric constant and conductivity of the measured medium on the spot, the specific parameters can be obtained to determine whether to use an ordinary radar level meter or a precision radar level meter or a guided wave radar level meter. If the specific dielectric constant of the tested conductive liquid is not less than 4, ordinary radar level gauges can be used. If the specific dielectric constant of the tested conductive liquid is not less than 2 and less than 4, a precision guided wave radar level gauge can be used.
How to select the radar level gauge, the above has been briefly explained from many aspects. It is because the radar level gauge was selected reasonably in the early stage, the installation was in compliance with the specifications, and the maintenance workload in the later stage was almost small.