the electromagnetic flowmeter No flow display? look here
Author: PhilemonTime: 2020-10-28
The electromagnetic flowmeter display is small or no display is actually no flow signal output. The reasons for the failure are power failure, connection cable failure; sensor or converter component damage; process reasons include the change of the liquid flow state, and the problem of the adhesion layer on the inner wall of the process pipeline. You can check and deal with it as follows.
1. Observe whether the electromagnetic flowmeter has a fault alarm display, and check and deal with it according to the meaning of the alarm code. There is no alarm display. Check whether the electromagnetic flowmeter is powered normally, whether the switch is closed, and whether the fuse is blown. Use a multimeter to measure the voltage at all levels to judge the fault.
2. The power supply is normal, and then check the connection cables to see if the wiring of the excitation cable and signal cable is loose, whether the wiring terminals are oxidized or corroded, and tighten the screws if necessary.
3. Check whether the resistance value of the excitation coil is normal, whether the coil is open, whether there is a short circuit between turns, and whether the insulation resistance of the terminal or the coil has dropped.
4. For newly installed or replaced sensors, check whether the arrow of the sensor is consistent with the direction of the fluid. The process is required to determine whether the sensor is full of liquid. Whether the sensor can be filled with liquid is related to its installation location and must be installed according to regulations.
5. Dirt attached to the lining layer of the electromagnetic flowmeter sensor will reduce the insulation resistance of the electromagnetic flowmeter. The sensor can be removed for observation. When the sensor is removed, the contact resistance of the electrode and the polarization voltage of the electrode can be measured for indirect inspection. And judge the condition of the adhesion layer.
6. The electromagnetic flowmeter converter has no flow measurement signal display. First check whether there is any problem with the wiring of the sensor and the converter; make sure that the sensor is normal, and if there is a problem with the converter, you can replace it with spare parts or a circuit board of the same type of normal instrument for inspection and judgment .